Happy Hump Day Blog World!!
I apologize for my random posts on Tuesday, one of my old posts from a few weeks ago decided to repost itself, not really sure why, but my birthday was not on Tuesday.
Anyways, I have the easiest and seriously fastest chicken pot pie recipe for you today!
Chicken Pot Pie is a childhood favorite of mine. At my wedding our caterer allowed us ( the bride and groom) to pick any meal in the world for our reception dinner, I ended up choosing surf and turf, but chicken pot pie was a close second. It really is the ultimate comfort food.
The recipe is a Betty Crocker recipe and only uses a top crust made of Bisquick so it is a lower calorie version of the real deal. You can honestly complete the prep work in 20 minutes and that includes cooking the chicken. This is the perfect meal to throw together after work.
Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 2/3 cups Green Giant® frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. In ungreased 9-inch pie plate, stir vegetables, chicken and soup.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- 3 Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until crust golden brown.
This is my go-to whenever I do not have a dinner plan because we usually have all of the ingredients on hand, and it is so delicious. It also tastes great left over and is perfect to bring for lunch the following day.
( Sorry for another blurry iPhone picture)
I am off to upstate NY today for the weekend to visit my grandparents and go snowboarding. Upstate NY is the only place in the world where I want it to be cold this weekend so I can still go snowboarding.
Have a great weekend!