Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Five Months to Go!


 Ok, I am not going to lie, not only have I been slacking on my blog, but I have been slacking on my wedding tasks.  Eeek.  We finally got the Save The Dates out which took me WAY longer then I thought, as I decided to address all the envelopes myself in a funky way.  After I finished that I needed to take a break from wedding stuff for a bit.  But now I am feeling a bit stressed that I slacked. 


Here is where I am in terms of my list accomplishments and near future "To Do's" with less than FIVE months to go!

1. Pick a Date -----------------CHECK

2. Reception Venue ------------ CHECK

3. Church --------------------------CHECK
* So excited to be getting married in the church I grew up in.

4..Band ------------------------------CHECK

5..Photographer----------------CHECK

6. . Wedding Dress and Veil--CHECK
* So. Excited. This makes everything feel so real

7.Engagement Party-------------CHECK
* This was not on my check list, but my parents hosted a fabulous engagement party for DFH and I over Christmas so I had to add it to my check list

8. Announce Engagement in the paper---------CHECK

9. Ask Bridal Party To Be In Wedding ---------------CHECK

10. Take Engagement Pictures
* Hopefully we will take our Pittsburgh Engagement pictures in the next few weeks, and I still need to schedule our NJ engagement pictures.

11. Hire Organist for Ceremony ----------------------CHECK

12. Reserve Hotel Rooms ----------------------------CHECK

13. Choose Bridesmaid Dresses--------------------CHECK

14. Book a Florist---------------------------------------CHECK

15.Pick and Book a Rehearsal Dinner Location------CHECK


16. Register--------------------------------------CHECK



17. Choose Save The Dates--------------------------------CHECK

18. Rent Chairs---------------------------------------------CHECK

19. Order Groom and groomsmen attire

20. Research / Book Videographer

21. Research/ Book Transportation

22. Book Hairstylist--------------------------------CHECK

23. Book Makeup -- I have a trial set up for the next time I am home in NJ

24. Attend Caterer Food Tasting--------------------CHECK


25. Meet with our minister-----------------------------CHECK

26. Ask KLS to sing at our ceremony -----------------CHECK
* So excited for her to sing at our wedding!

27.Complete Guest list ------------------------------------CHECK

28. Research Invitations --------------------------------CHECK

29. Order Invitations

30. Set up wedding website--------------------------CHECK

31. Book day after wedding photographer

32. Research Honeymoon -------------------------CHECK
* I think we finally decided, but still need to book.

33. Book Honeymoon

34. Decide on Ceremony Music

35. Find/Order reception decor items

36. Finalize Welcome Bag ideas

37. Decide on Table Number design

38. Decide on Place Card design

39. Order Thank You Cards ---------------------CHECK

40. Pick out Bridal Shoes/ accessories

41. Take NJ Engagement pictures

42. Surprise Bridal Shower!! --------------------CHECK
* This was not on my to do list, but I had to share: My mom and bridal party hosted the best bridal shower ever for me last weekend! I was shocked! I think I was shaking the whole time. I can't imagine a better shower!


43. Send Save The Dates -----------------------------Check


And the list goes on.....


So yeah, I haven't done too much since my last update, but after my wedding planning hiatus I feel refueled and ready to start planning in high gear!


No comments:

Post a Comment