Through all my sampling I have discovered which beers I think are the best, pumpkin-flavor-wise, that contain the right amount of pumpkin and the right amount of spice.
Here are my personal favorites:
1. Jack-o Traveler Shandy: This beer I just discovered last weekend while in Cape Cod. It was served on draft with a cinnamon and sugar rim. This certainly has a strong pumpkin and spice flavor. Even my friend ALV (a non beer drinker) loved it and left craving more.
2. Southern Tier Pumking : This beer is amazing and certainly has an intense pumpkin spice flavor, if you like that. You literally feel like you are drinking a pumpkin pie. This was my absolute favorite until I tried the Jack-o Traveler Shandy which certainly rivals it.
3. Schlafly Pumpkin Ale: Again this beer has an intense pumpkin flavor. I'm sorry I am not the best at describing beer. As you can see I love a pumpkin beer that's has strong flavors. I just hate when I get a flavored beer and I am searching for the flavors.
4. Philly Brewing Jag-O-Lantern: Sadly, I haven't found this beer yet this year, I just remember it being super tasty. It has stuck in my mind the entire year.
5. Arsenal Cinnamon Cider: This is a local Pittsburgh cider made at the local cider house. I am a huge cider fan and this is one of the best ciders I have ever had. It is an apple pie in your mouth. ( Don't you like my comparisons to food) Even DFH who doesn't love cider thought it was delicious, and not too sweet. The perfect drink for a fall day.
I couldn't find the cinnamon picture, but this Arsenal honey crisp apple cider is also delicious.
What are your favorites?? I would love to try a new pumpkin beer or cider.