Friday, January 6, 2012

Ramen Noodle Cole Slaw




Growing up I loved Ramen Noodle Soup, I would have probably eaten it at every meal if I was allowed.  When I saw ramen noodle coleslaw I knew I needed to try it, and it did not disappoint.

I found this recipe HERE, but there a lot of different varieties of this recipe online.  This is a low-cal version.

    Ingredients for dressing: 2 tbsp. olive oil 3 tbsp. white vinegar 2 tbsp. Splenda 1/2  ramen noodles seasoning package 1/4 tsp. pepper 1 tbsp. soy sauce Ingredients for salad: 1 small head of red or green cabbage or half of each or bag of prepared cabbage 4 green onions
    1 carrot peeled and grated (or if you use the bag of cabbage then the carrot is already in there) 1 package ramen noodles.


Directions

1. Make dressing by combining ingredients in large bowl and stir to dissolve sugar.


2. Combine first 3 salad ingredients to dressing, toss well. Add crushed ramen noodles and toss again.




3. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend.

We served the Ramen Noodle slaw as a side to homemade buffalo Bleu cheese  chicken and it was a great side dish.





4 comments:

  1. Yum...I LOVE Ramen and that’s a great way to bulk up the veggies! JCW recently took me out for pho for the first time...which he ate in Vietnam. If you like Ramen you will like pho. TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make a salad similar to this using bokchoy! It is delicious! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above posts, pho is delish! I've blogged about it several times! This recipe looks so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends in college use to make a salad similar to this. I definitely need to give this recipe a try! xo

    ReplyDelete