Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My Trader Joe's Haul

      A few weeks ago Megan from Fried Green Pickles did a blog post on her favorite items at Trader Joes. So many people commented about their favorite items and I learned about so many Trader Joe's products that I never came across before which is shocking considering I always check out the new items end cap at the store.   Anyways, that week I went to Trader Joe's and purchased a number of new food items based on others recommendations and now I have some new faves.   I wanted to share my favorites and hope you will share your favorites as well.

 
1. TJ garlic and herb pizza crust: I always have at least one of these in my freezer at all times.   DFH and I often make pizza on Friday nights when we are too tired to cook and they are great to have on hand for unexpected dinner guests 

2. Polenta: This is pre-cooked and a great side to keep in the fridge if you need something quick.  We often mash up the polenta to make a mash potatoes like substance for a healthier alternative.  

3. Roasted Seaweed Snack: I could eat a box of these a day. A great low-cal snack. 

4. Garlic Naan: So tasty!  Again we use these to make pizza on nights when we need a quick meal. Add tomato sauce, cheese and veggies and bake. (Can you tell we like quick meals and pizza?)

5. Turkey Meatballs: We use these for so many recipes including meatball sandwiches, we add them to homemade soups or serve them with marinara on their own, again another quick meal alternative. 

6 Sea Salt and Pepper Rice Crisps: Megan recommended these and she was so right they are the perfect healthy snack.  I like to add some laughing cow cheese to these crisps for an afternoon snack.

7. Quinoa Pasta: I haven't tried this yet, but I keep hearing how wonderful quinoa  is for you with all the protein and fiber.  I'm excited to try this healthier pasta. I love carbs so I'm always willing to give any healthier alternative a try.  

        Some of my other favorites are the roasted garlic hummus, roasted garlic salsa and the low fat ranch and parmesan dressing.  Another bonus of TJ's is that their vegetables are almost half the price of our local grocery store so I usually try and get most of my vegetables from Trader Joe's.  

I would love to hear your Trader Joe's faves!

5 comments:

  1. Theres a Trader Joes near me, but truth be told, I've never gone in it! It looks like you got some really great products, do you find they have good deals on products?
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks!! Love that hummus and I'm going to try those turkey meatballs next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Trader Joe's, but I feel like I need some tips on the best things to buy too so this is super helpful! I just made my first recipe with quinoa yesterday and it's delicious! I made these : http://alidaskitchen.com/2014/03/27/broccoli-cheddar-quinoa-bites/ but with a little less cheese and a little more veggies, and it was DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all sounds SO delicious! There's a Trader Joe's next to my work yet I never go. I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo I will have to try some of these suggestions!

    ReplyDelete