Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Time of My Life

   This past weekend was awesome. I have to give major props to DFH for being such an incredible Husband. I am not one to brag, but he did the sweetest thing. On Friday we had plans to lay low and do nothing.  Around noon DFH texted me while I was at work and asked if I was up for a surprise that night that involved leaving the house. Obviously I said yes.  I love surprises and was so curious what it could be. He told me I needed to dress up.  
 
  We took an Uber downtown and had a quick dinner and drinks.   I still had no idea where we were headed.  After dinner we started walking and ended up at the Benedum Theatre where Dirty Dancing the musical was playing.  DFH had bought us two tickets knowing that it was one of my favorite movies.    It was such a surprise and so thoughtful of him especially since he doesn't love musicals. 



The play was really well done and just like the movie. I hate when movies are recreated and the plot and soundtrack are changed. The actors were so talented and had the best voices.  I really wish I could have gotten the singing gene. 
 
DFH and I have both been crazy with work and we were in need of a date night. We went out for a drink after the play before heading home. It was  so nice to be able to sit and enjoy each other's company. 

On Saturday I had a scheduled date with my friend ALV for pottery painting . ALV knows my love of crafts and had given me a gift card to Color Me Mine for my Birthday.   I have blogged about Color Me Mine before, it is a national chain and you get to pick a piece of pottery and paint it. You leave your painted item at the store and they glaze it and put it in the kiln.  Color Me Mine has such a variety of items to paint and I just love it. 


ALV painted a cheese plate and I chose a chip and dip bowl. I cannot wait to pick up our final pieces this week 


I had attempted to stencil the inside, but my stencil slipped and I totally messed it up so I just painted the inside yellow.  This was after we had been there for four hours so I was starting to get lazy and lose steam. 

I cannot get this picture to turn, but as you can tell ALV had a lot more luck with the stencils.  It is such a fun activity. If you have one near by you need to give it a try. 

After hours of pottery painting we met up with LES to catch up and grab some Mexican. I was majorly craving Queso all day. LES just returned from a month in South East Asia so it was so nice to finally see her face and hear about her travels. 


On Sunday Oliver and I watched some Parenthood and worked on our taxes.  Although I hated being inside on such a gorgeous day, it was so nice  having the windows and doors open.
After a super miz winter fresh air is just the best. 





1 comment:

  1. I try and see a few shows/plays/musicals that come to my area every year, its a fun night out and different from going to a movie.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete