Friday, October 23, 2015

Five on Friday

 
It's Friyay!!!!   I am linking up with  A. Liz  and  Co. for another week of Five on Friday.
 
1.  This past weekend my grandparents came and visited DFH and I in Pittsburgh.   We had a great weekend.  I showed them some of my favorite sights, we took in the views from Mt. Washington, tried a few new restaurants  ( Cafe I.O. in Mt. Lebanon is delicious if you are local), tasted beer at the Spoonwood Brewery and biked 17 miles on the Heritage Trail around the city ( pretty impressive for a couple in their 80's).      We had the best time and only wish we lived closer to them.
 
 
 

2.  Love Locks of Pittsburgh.
 
 
  Have you ever heard of the Love Lock bridge in Paris?  It is a bridge where lovers/friends/families from around the world have attached locks to the bridge symbolizing their love for one another.  ( See picture below)
 
 
Well, Pittsburgh has started their own LoveLock bridge on the Roberto Clemente bridge downtown.   It is in the early stages, but each time I am downtown I notice more locks have been added. 
 
 
 


 So while my grandparents, DFH, and I were on our bike ride we added our own love locks to the bridge. 
 


 
I love that a little piece of us will be attached to the city.




 
3.  I am really impressed with J. Crew right now, I have about 100 things on my wish list from both the store and factory.    On the top of my list are these crossbody bags that have monogram options.  (  You know my love of monogrammed bags) and I love that they both come in a ton of different colors. 
 
 
 
 
4.  Winter Boot Help Needed!!!    Each morning and evening I walk to and from the T- station ( the train) from my house to work and back regardless of the weather.  Last year in the winter I wore my Hunter rain boots with the flannel sock liners on my walk to work, but on really cold snowy days my feet were icicles.    For the past year I have been searching for a pair of winter boots that are waterproof and will keep my feet warm on 10 degree days, easy to get on and off, and also don't look completely ridiculous with my dressier wool work coat, but I haven't found anything.  I would love any suggestions!
 
 
 
 
5. Peach Tea Monograms 




Back in August I won this Peach Tea Monograms mason jar from the lovely  Alexandra Bee Blog and have gotten so much use out of it.  It is the perfect size and the lid and straw make it easy for travel.  It is my go-to cup when bringing a drink while running errands.   Plus how fabulous is the pineapple monogram decal ?!  
 
 
 
 
 
     Check out their Etsy site, they have so many cute items and monogram decals which would make the perfect gifts. 
  

  Enjoy your weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment