Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Baby I Was Born to Run ?


   Last Sunday myself and four of my friends participated in the Pittsburgh Marathon Relay.  Between the five of us we ran 26.2 miles.  Our team name was the Blue Hedgehogs.  Goooo Hogs :)  It was a lot of fun, and the atmosphere was amazing, the course was lined with bands, spectators, cheerleaders, etc.  Having the crowd there definitely made the race more enjoyable, for a "non-runner" like myself. 

We started the weekend with a delicious pasta dinner hosted by the Smiths.  ALV and I made a Hedgehog Jello Poke cake with Blue Jello:


Hedgehogs were made with strawberries and Kashi cereal spikes and eyes





The course went throughout Pittsburgh, over several bridges and through different neighborhoods.



   About 18,000 people ran either the marathon, 1/2 marathon, or relay






Team Hedgehog after our race!


Cheers!  A well deserved beer to end the race :)

1 comment: