Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Food Truck Craze

  It seems like Food Trucks are popping up everywhere!   DFH and I have recently gotten really into the The Great Food Truck Race show on the Food Network.  The show features eight food truck teams who compete to see who has the country's best food truck.  It is on Sundays at 9:00 pm on the Food Network, and It is Awesome, if you have not seen it I would definitely check it out. 


I love the show, but had never seen a food truck in Pittsburgh.  Last week LES and I were getting lost in Pittsburgh and accidentally stumbled on a whole row of food trucks.  We couldn't believe it, it was so close to where we lived, and we didn't even know it existed. 



 There was a variety of food truck choices including Vietnamese, Chinese, Indian, and Mediterranean food.  Most of the trucks were already closed when we arrived, but we decided on some Vietnamese Pho, which is a Vietnamese noodle soup.




Food Trucks are great because usually the food cost is reasonable, and it comes out quick.  Although it seems like Food Trucks are some what trendy now, these trucks have been around since 1982, such trend setters, haha.  The Pho we tried was amazing, even better than Pho we had recently tried at a Vietnamese restaurant.



Yum! I cannot wait to go back and try another food truck!
( Sorry bad pic taken with my phone)


Do you ever go to Food Trucks?  What is your favorite food truck item?

5 comments:

  1. Whattttt!!! I want to come next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in LA there are lots of food trucks! In fact, my favorite cupcake joint teams up with a different food truck each week and it's so much fun to try new foods!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to do a food truck tour...my friend’s brother has a brisket bus in Florida! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food trucks have been pretty booming lately. It's a great team. For one, the concept is an interesting novelty, and under that are some nice chow and a moving shop that can be pretty convenient.

    -Maria Wegner

    ReplyDelete