Thursday, June 6, 2013

Parmasean Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad



     This recipe is fantastic and so easy I haven't met someone who doesn't like it yet.   Remember when I posted about my shower favors that included one of my favorite recipes ? This is the recipe that was included with the heart shaped measuring cups for guests. 



Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad
 
 Ingredients:
 
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon water
4 cups arugula
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
 
Directions:
 
1.Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
 
2.In a small bowl, whisk 2 teaspoons of the mustard with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and the thyme.
 
3. Season the chicken breasts, on both sides, with salt and pepper - then brush them all over with the mustard mixture.
 
4. Sprinkle about 2 T. of the Parmesan on EACH chicken breast (both sides) - it should take about 1/2 Cup total for all 4 breasts.
 
5.Transfer the chicken breasts to a rimmed baking sheet (I line mine with alum. foil for easier clean up)
 
6. Bake the chicken in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until just cooked through and nicely browned.
 
7. Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine the remaining 1 teaspoon each of mustard and oil; then stir in the water.
 
8.Add the arugula and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
 
9. Spoon the salad onto plates, top with the chicken and serve!

 
 
   As most of you know by now, I enjoy recipes that I can get creative with and add new ingredients, depending on what I have in my house.  For this recipe sometimes I add extra veggies or garbanzo beans to my salad for an extra crunch.


Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. MMM that looks super yummy! Thanks so much for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice post..

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC and bloglovin...

    Keep in touch..
    beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete