Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

     Well another wonderful yet packed Thanksgiving weekend has gone by.  This was the first year DFH and I celebrated Thanksgiving as a married couple and we were lucky enough to be able to celebrate the holiday with both families at the same time.  My mom hosted DFH's family and ours and it was great to have both families together.



JLP and I in matching outfits posing with our cats.
  Yes, Oliver made the commute from Pittsburgh to NJ.


He actually doesn't mind it. Doesn't he look cozy. 

Friday was spent with mom doing a little local shopping, but trying to avoid the Black Friday crowds.  Friday night we enjoyed dinner with friends and then Saturday it was off to the big city. 

We have a Thanksgiving tradition that every Saturday after Thanksgiving our family meets my grandparents in NYC for a Broadway show and dinner.  


      Even though I grew up close to NYC it always seems magical around the holidays.  I love all the holiday windows and walking around the markets of vendors that pop up in Bryant Park before Christmas 

This year our family split up between two different plays. Beautiful-The Carole King musical. And Spider-Man. 


     I saw Beautiful and let me tell you I am obsessed.  If you like Carole King's music and just music in general from the 1960's then this is a must see for you.  Also the storyline about Carole's life is so interesting.  It made we want to learn so much more about her life, I think her biography will be my next book to read.

    We ended our night with a delicious Italian dinner where we all left with full and happy stomachs.  It is such a special day and tradition for our family.  

    Now DFH and I are back in the Burgh ready to take on another work week.  It is officially December which in my book means it's officially time to decorate the house for the holidays.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you're able to go to NYC anytime! I've never been and to go for Christmas is my biggest wish!

    ReplyDelete