Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Garden, A Grill Smoker, and some Champagne Sangria

       As usual sometimes life takes over and my blogging takes the back seat, but I have been keeping busy and getting excited that summer is here.   I cannot even remember the last time I was able to come home right from work and do nothing.  I have done so much since I last blogged, but I figured I would show you some of my life through pictures over the past few weeks:




      After checking out all the Shops of Target, The Webster collection was by far my favorite.  I picked up this cute shift and a tunic and I was happy my Target didn't have any other pieces in  my sizes because I probably would have bought them all. 


DFH and I finally planted the herbs and veggies in our garden.  Some of the veggies are a bit ambitious for our small garden, including the zucchini and eggplant, but I am excited to see what pops up. 


At least our basil and mint is already growing like crazy, one can never have too many mojito ingredients in their backyard ;)



         DFH and I created a new drink to celebrate all the mint we had haha ...Introducing the Moscow Mueljito:

  • Muddled Mint
  • 1 shot Vodka
  • Ginger Beer
  • Lime Juice

My parents bought DFH a grill smoker for his Birthday.  We cooked up some salmon to give the smoker a try, and it was absolutely delicious.  The salmon had such a delicious smokey flavor, I love that you can switch out the smoker chips to give the meat/fish/veggies a different taste.   I think we're going be experimenting with the smoker a lot this summer.




For me, Sangria is the prefect drink for summer, it is so refreshing and I love that you can experiment with so many different ingredients.  The other night ALV and I had a fun girls night and cooked a yummy spinach and artichoke pasta, and created a champagne sangria that was delicious....a little too delicious.

This one is for the books!!  I highly recommend it.

  • 1 bottle Prosecco
  • 1 bottle white wine
  • 1 peach
  • 1 orange
  • 1 lime
  • lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups of tonic water
  • 1 cup OJ
  • Pomegranate seeds

Cheers!





2 comments: