Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Green Monster to the Rescue

   I know I am a little late on the Green Monster Movement bandwagon,  but it is truly a miracle drink.  Many of my friends had raved about the Green Monster, and it wasn't that I didn't believe it was going to be fabulous, but I just had no desire to get up in the AM and make a smoothie drink.  ( I am working on a better morning routine ha.).  But after person after person kept talking about Mr. Monster, I decided to give in, and see what the hype was all about. 

...and they were right.


   Not only did the Green Monster taste delicious, but it gave me so much energy, much more then my usual morning companion...coffee.  Every day I've made a Green Monster prior to going to work, I have been so productive all day long.

If you haven't given the Green Monster a try, I would recommend it, especially on those Monday mornings, when you are fighting with your alarm clock before work...you will not be disappointed.


   I use the recipe straight from a Green Monster Movement website, and I promise it will not taste like spinach.

  • 2-3 cups spinach
  • 1-1.25 cups of milk ( your choice: skim, soy, almond, etc.)
  • 1 tablespoon flax seed ( optional)
  • 1 banana
  • ice ( I use about 4 cubes)
Add the above ingredients in a blender in the following order: 1) Flax, 2) spinach, 3) banana, 4) milk.

Blend all the ingredients for about a minute.

Enjoy!



If you have not tried the Green Monster before, try it, and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I need to start making green monster smoothies again! Yours sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing so much about these too! I must try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been making a modified one for H in the afternoons and he drinks it up so quickly!! I think I need to try one too

    ReplyDelete