Wednesday, June 13, 2012

DIY Chalk Board Planter


This is a great simple fix for an old dirty planter, and also a great way to label your plants.


All you need...

1. Ceramic Planter
2. Chalkboard Paint
3. Tape
4. Spray Paint ( optional if you want to add a contrast color)

     If you want to add a contrast color on the planter plate and planter rim, add tape under the planter rim, to avoid any spray paint on the planter.  I added a metallic gold, and loved the way it came out, it was also a great contrast against the black. 


   Unfortunately, my other pictures of this process are MIA, but simply spray the rim and planter plate with the spray paint color of your choice ( you need two coats, and let sit for about an hour)

 Remove the tape and add two coats of chalkboard paint to the planter. I added painters tape on the rim, to prevent the chalkboard paint getting on the gold.   ( let sit over night)


My chalkboard planter on my chalkboard table I posted about HERE.




Happy Wednesday!








3 comments:

  1. Love love love. You are so crafty. And the black and gold is very 'burgh of you!

    And you can't go wrong with mint - it's summer cocktail season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I bought chalk board paint for a project, but it ended up not working for some reason. I will have to give this a try again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blue chairs! Just bookmarked this. Perfect for my new balcony!

    ReplyDelete