Monday, January 26, 2015

2014 In Review ( Part 1)

 
This is probably my favorite post each year.  I love looking back on the past year and remembering all the fun things we did.   I tried to limit each month to two main events, but some months I just couldn't choose, so I am going to make this a two part post.  Here we go.
 
January:
 
 
 
 
 
 
DFH and I had our friends ALV and BS over to play a home version of Chopped, like the TV show.  It was a ton of fun and perfect winter activity.  You can read more about our Chopped challenge HERE
 
 
 
 
At the end of January our friends JLM and BHB visited us in Pittsburgh and we celebrated BHB's 30th birthday. 
 
 
February:
 
 
In February we had a girls night at the Pittsburgh Penguins game courtesy of ALV.
 
 
At the end of the month DFH threw me a surprise 30th birthday party.
 
 
And boy was I surprised.
 
 
LES and I went to the Old Crow Medicine Show and Avett Brothers concert.
 
March:

 
I celebrated my 30th birthday in Charleston, SC with my mom and best friend Falon and a few of my mom's friends.
 
 
We had such a great trip in one of my favorite cities.


 
 
We enjoyed great seats and green beer on St. Patrick's Day at the Pens game.
 
 
April:
 
 
DFH and I visited my friend Jenna in Chicago. A stop at the bean for selfies was necessary.
 
 
Our wedding photographer from NJ came to Pittsburgh and took pictures of us in and around the city. It was a bit tight putting on my dress 6 months later, but I LOVE the way the pictures came out.
 
May:
 
 
   In May we bought our first house!!!
 
 
I chaired a Home Tour on Mt. Washington in Pittsburgh with my Junior League
 
 
 
I planned a scavenger hunt bar crawl for DFH's 30th birthday.
 
 
We spent Memorial Day weekend at Delfest in Maryland and jammed out to some great tunes.
 
JUNE:
 
 

DFH and I surprised my dad in LBI for his 60th birthday.
 
 
I traveled to Charlotte to celebrate my college friend Falon's 30th birthday.
 
 
 
DFH and I packed up our first apartment together in Shadyside ( and the apartment we got engaged in and planned our wedding in) to move into our house. 
 
 
...to be continued.
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment