As many of you know this month I turned 29.
I still stutter when I say I am 29, it sounds so adult, but I've accepted it.
Hi, My name is Lauren and I am 29 years old ( almost thirty AHH!).
In my head I've always had a mental life bucket list, that I've never written down, but could ramble off to you. Things I would like to do in my life time, but know they may not be attainable right now. Many of them include travel, such as traveling to all the continents, and visiting every state in America. I want to visit a rain forest and go on a safari in South Africa, I want to see the pyramids, and attend Oktoberfest in Germany. I want to one spend a night in an igloo hotel, go snowboarding west of the Mississippi, go whale watching, and see a whale. I want to learn to surf, and re-learn to play the piano. I want to have children and raise a happy and healthy family. I want to have a successful career and marriage and I still want to be a contestant on the Price is Right. This list goes on.
I do hope to one day achieve all these goals, but I am also a NOW person. This is probably one reason I am an attorney. I like setting goals, and having deadlines, I like crossing things off my to do list and seeing the entire list crossed off. Thus I have created my "Before I Turn Thirty" Bucket List. At this point, I have 352 days left until my turning Thirty Bucket list deadline. These are all goals I have not yet accomplished, but I believe I can achieve in a year, and so I present my list:
Lauren's Before I Turn Thirty Bucket List:
1. Get married ---> scheduled for October 2013
2. Buy a house
3. Go Skydiving
4. Learn to wear my contacts on a daily basis
5. Take an instructional make up class
6. Make my own sushi
7. Make my own wine
8. Make my own pasta
9. Travel to five new cities
10. Try five new foods
11.Ride in a hot air balloon
12. Do at least 5 random acts of kindness
13. Watch Gone With The Wind
14. Try at least 12 new restaurants with DFH
15. Cook at least one recipe from every cookbook I own
16. Learn to French Braid
17. Host a themed party
18. Host a dinner party
19. Make pizza dough from scratch
20. Decide on a signature scent
21. Finish watching all the seasons of Downton Abbey
22.Start a new tradition
23. Pickle something other than cucumbers
24. Frame my diplomas and decorate my work office
25. Read at least three "Classics" I 've never read before
26.Do at least two "Touristy" things in Pittsburgh
27. Appear in a movie or TV show as an extra
28. Learn to properly can jams/jelly's/sauces.
29. Successful grow and eat at least two new vegetables in our garden
30. Learn to get up earlier on a regular basis before work.
Let the countdown begin!
Do you have a bucket list?