Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Celebrating 29 Years!

     This past Wednesday I turned 29. I can't believe this is the last time I will be celebrating a  birthday in my twenties. Seriously where did my twenties go?? I feel like I just graduated from college. Ok maybe not college, but at least law school and that was almost four years ago!!

  So far twenty nine has been pretty good to me, I had a crazy busy week at work last week so I couldn't do much celebrating on the actual date, but DFH still made sure I had a special day and cooked me a tasty tuna dinner, and bought me a fabulous new handbag!

This weekend, I celebrated my birthday with DFH and my amazing friends who planned a very special evening for me.  We started out the night at ALV's and she prepared quite the spread and  LES made some sweet treats.   After some champagne toasts, and blowing out candles we headed to Perle a champagne bar in downtown Pittsburgh for some bubbly and dancing.  ( I wish I had taken more pictures)






DFH and BS enjoying their manly Manhattans while the ladies sipped on champagne. 



Some of the girls and I.
 
 


DFH and I



  Sunday morning some friends and I attended the 2nd Annual Pittsburgh Drag Brunch, which raises money for the Delta Foundation of Pittsburgh.  The mission of the Delta Foundation is to increase awareness and understanding for the LGBT community in Western Pennsylvania. 




As I've mentioned previously, I LOVE my Bloody Marys and starting the day with a this delicious pepper rimmed Bloody was just what I needed after the previous night's birthday antics. 

 
 


The show was fabulous!  The drag queens were so entertaining and fun, and I loved that the proceeds went to such a great cause. 


The girls and I posing with Blake Matthews.  Isn't her resemblance to Cher crazy??? 

ALV, DFH, and I ended the weekend by enjoying the weather with some drinks and snacks at a local restaurant.  It is just terrific being able to sit outside again.   We may have even come up with a brilliant business idea!!  Look out world!!



 Such a wonderful birthday weekend with wonderful friends!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious, that bloody mary! It looks to die for! Happy 29th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! You look beautiful in these pics!

    ReplyDelete