Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Beautiful NJ Mill Wedding


      It is no shocker that New Jersey gets a bad reputation.  When people think of New Jersey a lot of the time they think of Snooki, the NJ Turnpike, or the awful smoke stacks near the Newark airport, however, it really is a beautiful rural state especially the area where DFH and I grew up, after all it is the garden state for a reason.   In September, DFH and I went to a wedding, that really reflected the true beauty of central NJ. 

    A few weekends ago DFH and I headed back home to New Jersey for our friends Kate and Ian's wedding.  We had been looking forward to this wedding since they got engaged.  Kate and Ian also went to the same high school as DFH and I, so I knew we would get to see a lot of old high school friends that we hadn't seen in awhile. 

   The Bride and Groom got married at the Prallsville Mills.  Their venue location really shows how beautiful and historical parts of New Jersey are. The  Prallsville Mills is a beautiful old mill in the area we grew up, which sits right on the Delaware river.  How pretty are the old stone buildings.


 
 
 
I wish I had taken pictures, but the cocktail hour was inside the mill, which was so unique. 
 




 
The Bride and Groom!
 
 
 
 
DFH and I
 
 
Posing with JLM and BHB.  BHB was DFH's best man and JLM sang at our wedding.
 
 
Twins! How much do you love the mason jar glasses and striped straws.

 
Kate and Ian had so many great details.  Their menus were printed on paper that is made with wildflower seeds that you can plant!  We are planning to plant our menus next spring, we will see what pops up!
 
The Bride and Groom's favors were little jars of honey that were locally made that said, "Meant to Bee"
 
 
 
I loved the lighting in the tent. 

 
High school friends all grown up. 
 
 
 
 
The beautiful bride and I.  Kate and I got married only a month apart and we had the best time discussing and planning our weddings together.  It was so fun seeing all the details come together that we had discussed over the year.   
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment