Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Weeknight Menu

    The last month I have been really good about pre-planning our weeknight meals and going to the grocery store with a list of ingredients.  It has kept us eating healthy during the week and as I previously said it has kept us satisfied.  I love fatty, creamy, carby foods and if I knew I wouldn't gain weight I would eat those foods everyday., Since that isn't reality I try and find healthy recipes of the fatty foods I love.  This way the food tastes great, but I don't feel guilty.

  Here is our weeknight menu from last week:

Monday: Healthy Chicken Broccoli Divan 
 
 
 
I used this Campbell's Kitchen Recipe. I love Chicken Divan but many times the recipe calls for cream or a lot of flour.  This recipe tasted like one of my comfort food favorites, but without all the added carbs and fat calories.  I used 98% fat free cream of chicken soup and used Panko breadcrumbs instead of plain dry bread crumbs

Tuesday: Quinoa Pork Fried Rice 
 
 
 
I found THIS easy recipe on Simplyquinoa.com.  It is quick to make and tastes just like Chinese food ( which I am always craving).  We didn't have any sesame oil so we left that out of the recipe, but it still had great flavor.
 
 
Wednesday: Chicken Tortilla Soup:  
 
Chicken Tortilla Soup
 
 
The Food Network never lets me down when it comes to their recipes and THIS ONE was no exception.  This soup has so many different flavors and spices from all the different ingredients and was so hearty. Our avocados were not ripe when I made this so I added corn to the recipe.   If you are a lover of Mexican food you need to try this. 
 

Thursday: Turkey Arugula and Pepper Jack Burgers 
 
 
I found THIS recipe on the Dallas Duo Bakes blog.  I substituted pepper jack cheese for the feta and it gave the burgers a little spice to go with the arugula. 
 
 
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing.. by planning our meals and doing precise grocery shopping ~ we save a lot of trouble, time and money. However, I do need to put a healthier twist on it ~ we've been doing some good eatin around here! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making more soups this fall is high on my list. I actually make chicken pot pie soup for dinner last night but that tortilla soup sounds like it's going to be my next project!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh these dinners sound delish. I need to try them as I an cycling through my normal dinners, time to switch it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipes! Turkey burgers are a weekly staple for us too!

    ReplyDelete