Do you ever have one of those days where you look in your fridge and don't have much, but you attempt to come up with a meal with the random ingredients you do have?? Well, this is how this dish was created.
DFH and I had just returned from OBX from vacation the night before and were hungry for lunch, but didn't have much in the fridge or pantry. Luckily our garden provided us with some tomatoes and basil.
It end up being a surprisingly delicious lunch, light, but perfect for a hot summer day.
1. Two Tomatoes
2. Fresh Basil
3. Bread Slices ( approx. 2-3 per person)
5. Olive Oil
7. Salt / Pepper
1. Preheat the Oven to Broil
2. Spray the pan
2. Add fresh Mozzarella, Tomato slices, and fresh basil to each slice of bread
3. Drizzle each slice with olive oil
4. Add salt/ pepper/ and garlic to each piece of bread
5. Broil the bread until toasted to your liking and the cheese bubbles and starts to brown ( about 5-10 minutes)