Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Happenings Through Pictures


Right after work on Friday ALV and I hopped in the car to go the Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean concert, which we had been looking forward to all summer.  The venue was about twenty miles outside of Pittsburgh, but it took us almost THREE hours to get there due to all the concert traffic.  We literally crawled the last five miles, and we ended up missing ALL of Luke Brian.   We were not happy. 


Luckily, we made it before Jason Aldean went on stage.
ALV happy now that were out of the car and with a drink in her hand.


The concert was awesome, and definitely worth the three hour car ride. 






On Saturday ALV, LES and I hit up "The Strip," for some shopping and food.  The Strip is a great area in Pittsburgh that has amazing markets and fresh produce on Saturday morning. 


LES and I accidentally showed up in the same dress hahha. 


We got so many comments from strangers, talking about our matching outfits.

Great minds think alike?!


LES and ALV enjoying Saturday morning Bloodies.




Saturday night DFH headed downtown to enjoy some of the new restaurant and bars that have popped up.  I wish I would have taken more pictures, (but I guess we were having too much fun.)


Perle, a Champagne bar had recently opened, and I had been dying to check it out as I am huge champagne fan.  ( who isn't?)  It certainly did not disappoint.  DFH and I both started with some Champagne Pimms Royal Cups and a Charcuterie tapas which featured a herb  Foie Gras, Duck Salami, and Sea Salt Crostini.    YUM! It was one of the best appetizers I have ever had, which says a lot.  

Local Pittsburgh readers, I highly recommend it if you have not been. 



A great overall weekend, let the week begin.





1 comment:

  1. ah thats so frustrating you missed the first part of the concert! The rest of your weekend looks great though!

    ReplyDelete