Thursday, February 9, 2012

Beer Tasting Tonight


The other weekend we had a few friends over our apartment for a little beer tasting.


DFH made a glossary to assist people in "what to look for" when rating the beer.




We had previously told everyone to bring their favorite beer to share, which was then voted on.


Lots of Koozies were necessary.




We had some delicious snacks and appetizers.



I had read that popcorn is a palate cleanser for beer, so I made sure there was popcorn and water during the tasting, ( for the serious taste tester)





We lined up the beers, and gave each a letter.


The Score Card: There were categories of taste, presentation, body, drink ability, and "ahh" factor

( See glossary for definitions haha)

Everyone then ranked each category between 1-5 for each beer



And the winner was......




Turbo Dog!

It was a dark beer, that tasted like chocolate to me..yum


Jake provided the winning beer, and was the winner of the "Victory" beer prize



We had such a great time with friends, and I enjoyed getting to taste and try new beers.  This is something we will definitely be doing again.


7 comments:

  1. What a fun party idea! I wish I would have done something like this when I was in college. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a great idea! I definitley need to copy this. It looks like so much fun. Thank you for sharing. LOVE it! :)

    www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great time! I love the set up and the snacks were a great idea. Our friends would love to do this...I might have to make this the theme of our next weekly get together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea for a party! One that guys and girls a like can enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun idea! Right up my beau's alley too because he loves a good beer! We have a 24/7 koozie bowl in our kitchen too! p.s. love your background- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun--hostess with the mostess!! Too bad you don't live closer because I have a feeling we could have fun double dates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband loves beer. Really cute idea
    xoox
    SC

    ReplyDelete