Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No Carb Lomein....amazing.

   Obviously if you are on Pinterest you know it is amazing, ( If you are not on it, sign up NOW).  I love that I not only find amazing ideas to pin, but that my friends will tell me about amazing pins they found, that I never saw.  So one of my friends mentioned the no carb lomein she had pinned and loved, and I couldn't run to the grocery store fast enough to grab Shirataki noodles.

Shirataki noodles are made from Tofu.  Apparently they are a huge staple in the Hungry Girl Cookbooks, but this was new to me.  I was a little weirded out because they come in a liquid, but I continued on. 


I had read that you drain the liquid and dry off the Shirataki noodles, so I was relieved that this mystery liquid wasn't going in my dinner.





We seasoned and cooked some chicken


And stir fried the veggies in a soy sauce and ginger sauce.


We added the Shirataki noodles to the stir fry and let it heat up and soak up the sauce ( no need to cook the noodles for a long time)



The noodles had a bit of a different texture from regular pasta, but was still delicious.  I wouldn't say the Shirataki noodles will be a permanent pasta substitute, but it was excellent with a veggie stir fry and a healthier option, I will be making this again. 

3 comments:

  1. I would have been apprehensive about that mystery liquid, too! But that dish looks absolutely delicious. I may have to try it sometime! Pinterest is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner looks delicious! I have been wanting to try the tofu noodles for the longest time, but I am having a hard time finding them!

    And I agree pinterest is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummay! Looks so good! I'm in the mood for Chinese food ANYTIME!

    ReplyDelete